Re: startup restrict and OEM connections

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:41:16 +0200

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote:

>I can interpret your post two ways. Correct me if I am wrong.
>
>1. The database in which the OEM repository resides has been started, not
>normally, but rather using STARTUP RESTRICT .
>This is I think what you are saying. In this case it would be the repository
>owner account that would need the connect restrict privilege. I can't
>however see any valid reason for the OEM repository to be hosted in a
>database that only allows restricted connections.

Interpretation No. 1 is correct.

I know it is bad to keep the repository together with some other DB that should be managed through the OEM, but that is exactly our situation.

So your proposed solution would be to find out who is the owner of the repository and give him the connect restrict privilege. Sounds reasonable.

I will try it.

Bye
Rick Received on Wed Jul 31 2002 - 15:41:16 CDT