Re: Constraint and delete cascade

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 20:28:17 +1000

Hi Yaan,

Ummmm, no.

If I understand your question correctly, you have a FK constraint with delete cascade that you want to drop ? Well the constraint is dropped and deleted from the Data Dictionary and that's about it. The column(s) in question are no longer related to any PK or UK and can hence contain any value.

That's all !

Richard