connecting to oracle 9i with oracle client remotely.

From: Pal <newbie_1945_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Jul 2002 04:31:34 -0700

I have a very basic question regarding connecting to Oracle 9i DB Enterprise running on NT remotely with SQL*Plus. The Server is configured with default config and I am able to connect to the server with SQL*Plus on the server itself with user name and password typed in and Host String left blank. However I don't know how connect to the server with SQLPlus on my laptop remotely. What should I type in for the Host string when I am connecting remotely?

Here's the info of the server:
Name according to the OEM: oracle_pc3.Lan.corporate.com SID is oracle
Host id PC3.

Thank you very much. Received on Tue Jul 30 2002 - 06:31:34 CDT