Re: Oracle on SAN....big DB!!

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 21:08:26 +1000

In article <ai5qu9$1tv$1_at_lise.netcom.no>, you said (and I quote):

> I'm going to install a huge DB that is going to run on a
> Compaq ES45 with 4GB memmory and a 5,5 TB Compaq EVA SAN as storage medium.
> Does anyone have a experience with installing Oracle on a SAN ?

No, sorry. Didn't take the OCP, so I must have missed all this SANspecific  "mistery".

> Anyone who have recommendations on a such installation ?

Yes. Download from the CDs into the disks in the SAN. What else do you need to know?

Apologies for sounding so cynical, but what exactly do you anticipate as problematic in using a SAN with Oracle?

And BTW, much more important than any potential problems with the SAN is: what OS you plan running this thing on? NT? Linux? VMS? What size DB? How many? etc,etc...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto