Re: Access 9i from HTML ?!

From: Michael Kuznetsov <mvk_at_servocomp.ru>
Date: 30 Jul 2002 02:58:27 -0700

Hi Ian,

I'm not sure about Oracle on IBM os/390 linux but check if you have Oracle HTTP server. It's delivered and with Database and with IAS. It's enough to write HTML interface dependent on Oracle htp package without IAS. It's very easy way.

If you don't have Oracle HTTP server you can write web interface on any suitable language and tools: JSP, ASP, PHP, Perl, etc. For example Oracle JDeveloper is a good tool for writing complex JSP interface to database. It includes advanced tag libraries. But it isn't easy to start.

Regards,
Michael
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Programming
http://www.brainbench.com