Re: Oracle /MS-SQL Linked Server - OLE/DB provider returned message: ORA-12154

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:40:44 +0200

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 13:36:53 GMT, Jon Spartan <jonu_at_ixtech.net> wrote:

>Can anyone help me solve the error below that I am receiving back from
>an Oracle server I am linked to ???
>
>My thanks in advance !
>
>Jon Spartan
>

>TEST CASE - - - -
>
>SELECT CALLDETAILRECORDID, GROUPID, BRANDID, USERID,
> ACCOUNTID, BRANDPRODUCTID, TIME, ANI, DNIS,
> DESCRIPTION, ORIGINATINGHOST, TERMINATINGHOST,
> DURATION, CHARGEABLEDURATION, DESTINATION,
> FAXPAGES, FAXBYTES, BRANDCHARGEABLEDURATION,
> DIALSTRING, ROAMINGCHARGE, CALLCHARGE,
> GROUPCALLCHARGE, BRANDCALLCHARGE, GROUPNAME,
> BRANDNAME, USERNAME, CARRIERID, CARRIERNAME,
> GROUPSERVICEID, GROUPPRODUCTID, GROUPPROFIT,
> BRANDPROFIT, INITIALBRANDBASERATE, INITIALGROUPBASERATE,
> SESSIONID, ACCOUNTTYPE, ACCOUNTBATCHNUMBER,
> GROUPEXCHANGECODE, BRANDEXCHANGECODE,
> ORIGINATINGHOSTID, TERMINATINGHOSTID,
> TERMINATINGGROUPID, TERMINATINGGROUPNAME,
> GROUPSERVICENAME, BRANDSERVICENAME,
> ERRORCODE, BRANDSERVICEID, BILLINGRECORDID
>
>FROM RTBE..RTBETELEPHONY.RTBETELCALLDETAILRECORDS
1 *ALWAYS* search the archives at http://groups.google.com before posting. Please don't be lazy! This is a FAQ. This group does know sqlserver users never read any manuals, or any FAQs or search archives, please do not try to confirm the group in a prejudice that has been confirmed many times before your post. 2 This is not an error from the server. Your tnsnames.ora on your client is incorrect. sqlnet on your client can't find the service name in tnsnames you are providing to it.
As you don't provide any further clues (this was evidently asked too much), no one will be able to help you out.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sun Jul 28 2002 - 09:40:44 CDT