Re: Oracle /MS-SQL Linked Server - OLE/DB provider returned message: ORA-12154

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:49:48 GMT

Jon Spartan wrote:

> Can anyone help me solve the error below that I am receiving back from
> an Oracle server I am linked to ???
>
> My thanks in advance !
>
> Jon Spartan
>
> TEST CASE - - - -
>
> SELECT CALLDETAILRECORDID, GROUPID, BRANDID, USERID,
> ACCOUNTID, BRANDPRODUCTID, TIME, ANI, DNIS,
> DESCRIPTION, ORIGINATINGHOST, TERMINATINGHOST,
> DURATION, CHARGEABLEDURATION, DESTINATION,
> FAXPAGES, FAXBYTES, BRANDCHARGEABLEDURATION,
> DIALSTRING, ROAMINGCHARGE, CALLCHARGE,
> GROUPCALLCHARGE, BRANDCALLCHARGE, GROUPNAME,
> BRANDNAME, USERNAME, CARRIERID, CARRIERNAME,
> GROUPSERVICEID, GROUPPRODUCTID, GROUPPROFIT,
> BRANDPROFIT, INITIALBRANDBASERATE, INITIALGROUPBASERATE,
> SESSIONID, ACCOUNTTYPE, ACCOUNTBATCHNUMBER,
> GROUPEXCHANGECODE, BRANDEXCHANGECODE,
> ORIGINATINGHOSTID, TERMINATINGHOSTID,
> TERMINATINGGROUPID, TERMINATINGGROUPNAME,
> GROUPSERVICENAME, BRANDSERVICENAME,
> ERRORCODE, BRANDSERVICEID, BILLINGRECORDID
>
> FROM RTBE..RTBETELEPHONY.RTBETELCALLDETAILRECORDS
Lets first examine what you didn't provide?

  1. The version of Oracle
  2. The Oracle edition
  3. The operating system and platform on which Oracle resides
  4. Your actual SQL statement (I certainly hope it isn't the above)
  5. Any error message along with the accompanying text.

So exactly what do you expect us to do to help you? Peer over your shoulder?

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jul 29 2002 - 11:49:48 CDT