Re: Connecting to database takes 5 seconds

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:06:55 +1000

Hi Wolfram,

It's hard to say but is the listener you're connecting to having to deal with many other connections (how busy is this mamma ?).

Are you using dedicated or shared servers ? If shared, are dispatchers coping ?

If dedicated, have you tried to get the listener to pre-spawn a few dedicated servers (prespawn_max in listener.ora) ?

Are you sure you're not downloading David Bowie's latest album why you're trying to connect ?

Regards

Richard