Re: Connecting to database takes 5 seconds

From: Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_grp.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:01:09 +0200

Hi,

> It's hard to say but is the listener you're connecting to having to deal
> with many other connections (how busy is this mamma ?).

No, it's the same when I'm the only one connecting to the DB just after it was started up.

> Are you using dedicated or shared servers ? If shared, are dispatchers
> coping ?

Prespawned dedicated server processes aren't available on NT, at least that's what the Net8 config tool tells me. What do you mean with "coping dispatchers"?

> Are you sure you're not downloading David Bowie's latest album why you're
> trying to connect ?

No, nothing else is happening in the LAN. Network throughput between client and server PC is >1 MB/s (it's a 10 Mbps network).

Thanks for your help
W. Roesler Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 10:01:09 CDT