still more problems

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:51:21 +0100

Hi Chuck,

I presume you include me in 'nobody can stand him' - sorry, you cannot speak for me so don't try. (Are you american by the way ?)

As for your original problem getting indexes and constraints applied - did you get it sorted yet ? I appear to be missing quite a few replyes and postings at the mometn so I'm not sure.

In the meantime, I'm assuming that this was your original imp command line :

        imp user/pass file=norows full=y log=norows_import.log

Change it to this :

        imp user/pass file=norows full=y indexfile=indexes.sql

When it finishes, simply login as user/pass and @doindexes.sql

That works for me everytime. I have to confess I've never had to do a 'rows=n' import so I'm not sure of your problem, however, The above does indeed create the indexes.
I use HP servers not AIX so you might be hiotting an AIX problem and not an IMP problem - maybe AIX is crap - who knows ?

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. In one of your previous rants (back) at Sybrand you said :

<QUOTE>
Wrong again Mr. know-it-all. TAR was opened before you and your ego the size
of Texas ever jumped in. And BTW when I spoke to OTS they agreed that these
things *ARE* problems. Of course I'm sure you still think you know more than
they do. People with egos as big as yours are never wrong, are they? /<QUOTE>

I think if you check, you'll find that he was referring to the other poster 'Enkidu Utnapishtim' and not you.

Cheers.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.