Re: er, 'interesting' new 9i feature

From: Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 17:04:07 -0600

Ah, sorry, I see what I wrote was confusing. I normally just check the timestamp of the backup controlfile command from the alertlog and match it up to the right *.trc in UDUMP. That or just grep for 'create controlfile' in UDUMP and sort by time. But that's only because I'm usually doing this well after the fact. In other words, my typical scenario is:

Now that you mention it, I suppose I could grab the spid in the hotbackup script and record that for posterity, but, well, maybe one of these days in all my free time... ;)

Regards,
Sean