Re: er, 'interesting' new 9i feature

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:40:59 +1000

I'm going to take that guilt back, by the way. I've just checked my alert log, and all I get is...

Wed Jul 17 14:56:38 2002
alter database backup controlfile to trace Completed: alter database backup controlfile to trace

...no indication of filename, process id or anything.

How did you hunt down the name of your trace file from the alert log again?

Regards
HJR "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:ah4ria$eri$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz...
> The "AS" is pure gold dust, that's for sure.
>
> Interesting you used the alert log in the past.... I always tossed of a
>
> select p.spid
> from v$process p, v$session s
> where p.addr=s.paddr
> and s.username='SCOTT';
>
> ...to find out my number and got it from there. I never thought to check
the
> alert log (shuffles uncomfortably away looking very guilty).
>
> Regards
> HJR
>
> "Sean M" <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net> wrote in message
> >

> > "Howard J. Rogers" wrote:
> > >
> > > True. I kinda meant, when one does the removal of 'no', one usually
> > > remembers to add the word 'resetlogs' lower down in the script too...
> like
> > > vegemite and toast, you wouldn't have the one without the other, and
I'd