Export problem: "0 rows exported"..

From: sean <d00f_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:11:53 GMT

I am very new to Oracle, but I simply can't find any reference to this problem on groups.google or the net. Actually I found 1, but the thread went nowhere.

The problem: I just cannot figure out why when exporting a table no rows are exported. I'm using Windows 2000 Server and Oracle 9i R2 Personal.

This happens whether I use the Enterprise Manager GUI or exp.exe in the command line:

exp mlmic_dev/***** rows=y file=d:\abc.dmp log=d:\abc.log tables=MLMIC.test

Connected to: Personal Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production
Export done in WE8MSWIN1252 character set and AL16UTF16 NCHAR character set

About to export specified tables via Conventional Path ... Current user changed to MLMIC

. . exporting table                           TEST          0 rows
exported
Export terminated successfully without warnings.

Is there some specific permission that affects exporting a table I need to set on the user? It appears to be since I used the system account to export System.Help successfully, but trying to mirror the same permissions on the user I'm working with (to weed out which permission is the magical one) didn't help.

Any help is appreciated,

sean Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 15:11:53 CDT