er, 'interesting' new 9i feature

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:16:33 +1000

Have you noticed that backup controlfile to trace now outputs a tracefile containing the 'create controlfile' stuff *twice*? Once with the word 'noresetlogs' attached. And once with the word 'resetlogs'. No other differences detectable.

This is happening in 9i R2, and it occurs to me that I don't think it happened in 9i R1... but was wondering if anyone could check for me?

Quite what was wrong with editing out the two letters "no", like we used to in earlier versions, I have no idea. I can already smell the confusion users are going to get themselves into using the new, improved version.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 15:16:33 CDT