RAC on Linux Cluster?

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_163.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2002 07:16:17 GMT

hi, dbas: We plan to setup a new database on a Linux Cluster, using Oracle 9i RAC release 2, with Dell PC Servers (4CPU, 4G memory), to store our online history data and provide read only service and some other misc applications. So, what i care is: 1. Which Oracle version to use, release 1 or release 2. Release 1 is

   certified on many platforms with proper hardware and os, but    release 2 is relatively new. But since oracle supports new version    and there is maybe less bugs , i prefer release 2 version . Can you    share your opnion?
2. Which OS to choose. Suse and Redhat is the oracle prefered

   version. For RAC/OPS support , is suse better than redhat? Or if i    choose redhat, shall i choose the redhat 7.1(the certified version    with rac release 1 on Dell machine) or Redhat Advanced Server, or    redhat 7.2/7.3?
3. Has anyone here used RAC in production? Especially on Linux/RAC

   combination? what about your experience? Please share your valuable    experience here:), thanks.

--
an oracle fan,
an oracle beginner