Re: Schema Access

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:15:24 +1000

Hi Yuel,

It's a new feature with 9i. It allows you to create tables but for security reasons they remain hidden and can not be accessed.

Only joking ;)

My guess is that you either created the tables while connected as a user different to the one which you thought you were in, or you are trying to access the table while logged in as a different user to which you think you are.

Query the dba_tables views and select the owner of the tables you can't access. Then logon as the table owner or put the owner prefix in front of the table name.

Easily done.

Richard