Re: Schema Access

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:24:05 +1000

You didn't by any chance stick quotation marks around the table names, did you? If you do, Oracle takes them literally, mixed case and all:

SQL> create table "Blah" (col1 char(5));

Table created.

SQL> select * from blah;
select * from blah

              *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

SQL> select * from "Blah";

no rows selected (No rows is fine -I didn't insert any- but at least it knows the table I'm talking about)

The better syntax is just

create table blah (col1 char(5));

Then select * from blah or select * from BLAH or select * from bLaH all work equally well.

You get this problem a lot when you migrate Access databases across to Oracle, too.

Regards