Re: Interest in 9i New Features for Administrators Exam book?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2002 09:38:59 -0700

In article <XvTY8.36154$Hj3.109125_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, "Richard says...

>Hi Pete,
>
>Look I promise to buy your book under the following conditions:
>
>1) It contains heaps of really nice, colour pictures.
>2) The plot is not too simplistic and I don't guess who the baddy is by mid
>book.
>3) The sex scenes are essential to the story line (really nice pictures at
>these points would be good)
>4) It not be too scary so I can read it at night
>5) You stick to your artistic principles when you sell the movie rights to
>Hollywood
>6) I be considered for the lead role (dashing, heroic DBA saves the day)
>7) It's cheap
>
>HTH :)
>
>Richard

Hmm, it seems 1 and 3 are the same, but cannot be met if I include 6! ;)

DOn't worry Richard. If I decide to do it I'll send you an autographed CD with the book on it for free, for all the laughs you gave me with your early DBA day explanations. ;)

Pete

Pete

>"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message
>> Folks
>>
>> < Long winded explanation >
>>
>> As some of you may recall, I wrote the Oracle8i Architecture and
>Administration
>> Exam Cram book for the Coriolis Group, which has since curled up its toes
>(I'm
>> sure that's not a reflection on my book, by the way!) Since then, a group
>of us
>> that wrote for Coriolis, lead by Mike Ault, have started putting together
>a web
>> site http://www.robonerd.com, where we are in the throes of loading some
>of the
>> 8i exam material now that the rights have reverted to the authors. As it
>says
>> on the web site, "At ROBO-Books International, Inc. our mission is to
>provide
>> quality computer and technical reference materials directly downloadable
>to your
>> desktop, laptop, notepad or PDA at the chapter, section or full text
>level."
>>
>> I had started putting some thoughts together on another book for the 9i
>New
>> Features for Administrators Exam when Coriolis went under. I raised the
>> possibility of putting this on the ROBO-Books site with Mike, and he is
>very
>> interested in getting it there, since there are very few books out there
>that
>> cover this particular exam.
>>
>> </ Long winded explanation >
>>
>> My question for you is: before I go to the effort of writing the book, is
>there
>> sufficient demand out there to make it worthwhile? It takes a lot of time
>away
>> from family life to do this, since it's all done after hours, and I don't
>want
>> to waste my time if it's not going to generate enough interest (and of
>course,
>> enough revenue for me!).
>>
>> Oh, and Mike, you don't need to answer. I already know your answer! ;)
>>
>> HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements;

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Jul 16 2002 - 11:38:59 CDT