Re: [FAQ] Oracle Database FAQ

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 05:48:18 +1000

"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:agv0hm02816_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> In article <aguf9c$1ms$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Howard says...
> >

> >> The Oracle FAQ is independent of and does not represent Oracle
> >> Corporation in any way. Oracle does not officially sponsor,
> >> approve, or endorse this FAQ or its content.
> >>

> >Largely, I would imagine, because it's a heap of s**t, and riddled with
> >banal generalities and excruciating inaccuracies.
> >
> >I really, really wish this person would take his spam trash and stick it
> >where the sun don't shine.
> >
> >And I really, *really* wish the site owner understood the concept of
> >cross-posting, and stopped it.
> >
> >Regards
> >HJR
> >

> So tell us what you really think, Howard! ;)

Ooops. Was it that obvious? My apologies to all.

> Now if only we could redirect the URL to point to Jonathan's FAQ ...

I think that's what annoys me the most. Jonathan's site really *is* the Oracle Faq, but the way the original reads (frequently) is highly misleading for newbies. That, and the poor quality of the material on the site, itself a source of misleading-ment (is that a word??!).

Regards
HJR