Re: Problem with Order by in a subquery

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:35:40 GMT

Ryan Gaffuri wrote:

> I am using 8.1.7. I know that I need to change the compatibility
> parameter in my init.ora to 8.1.7. I do that and I run the query that
> Im posting below directly from the server and it works.
>
> I go back to my client PC and I get the same error I got before
> changing the compatibility parameter. Do I have to make some kind of
> setting change on my client PC?
>
> GAFFURIR_at_DEV> select col1, row
> 2 from (select col1, rownum row
> 3 from tab r
> 4 where rownum < 31
> 5 order by col1)
> 6 where row > 10
> 7 order by col1;
> select carrier_id, row
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00936: missing expression

When you say that you change the compatibility parameter on the client PC. Where, exactly, are you changing it. There is not initSID.ora on a client PC that has any relationship to the server.

And when you say you changed it on the server ... changed it from 'what' to 'what'?

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Jul 14 2002 - 13:35:40 CDT