Problem with Order by in a subquery

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 12:50:40 -0700

I am using 8.1.7. I know that I need to change the compatibility parameter in my init.ora to 8.1.7. I do that and I run the query that Im posting below directly from the server and it works.

I go back to my client PC and I get the same error I got before changing the compatibility parameter. Do I have to make some kind of setting change on my client PC?

GAFFURIR_at_DEV> select col1, row
  2 from (select col1, rownum row

  3          from tab r
  4          where rownum < 31
  5          order by col1)

  6 where row > 10
  7 order by col1;
select carrier_id, row
                   *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00936: missing expression Received on Fri Jul 12 2002 - 14:50:40 CDT