Re: Managing Large tablespaces

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:43:08 +1000

In article <3d308908_2_at_mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com>, you said (and I quote):

> I agree with Richard, and moreover I tend towards the conservative. I like
> 2000M datafiles, rather than 2GB, as I'm slightly nervous of files which end
> exactly on a boundary.

IIRC, it was John Bentley in one of his very old books on programming who first identified the term "boundary errors" as these kind of problems. Very common. Still common. And for as long as programming is done by humans, it will stay a common event.

Therefore, as you say: it doesn't hurt to use some common sense and avoid ANY such problems. By avoiding the condition that causes them in the first place. A much more intelligent approach.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto