Re: Problem installing Oracle 9i

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 16:26:50 +0200

On 13 Jul 2002 06:24:59 -0700, a.j.van.rooijen_at_bluevision.nl (Joshua) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I have encountered the following problem after installing on windows
>2000. First i have installed Oracle 9i(r2) server, then the Appl.
>server and then the development suite.
>
>Now i am no longer able to connect to my database thru a hoststring. I
>have tried al kinds of configurations of the listener.ora and
>tnsnames.ora. I have set and unset TNS_ADMIN. I have put and removed
>the *.ora files in various locations. But nothing seems to work.
>
>I have 3 versions of sqlplus. Thru all 3 of them i cannot connect by
>user/pwd_at_xyz. Thru the version from orahome92/bin i can connect to my
>database when i connect like user/pwd with no hoststring. When i ask
>V$database i get the correct dbname.
>
>Also i noticed that my oracleorahome92agent service is unable to
>start. Has this anything to do with my problem.
>

>Any help is appreciated,
>
>Joshua

Basically your post states: It doesn't work and you don't provide any clues, like error messages, contents of listener.ora, sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora and whether you actually started the listener.
Don't you think, as crystall balls have sold out here, that no one will be able to help you out without these clues?

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jul 13 2002 - 09:26:50 CDT