Problem installing Oracle 9i

From: Joshua <a.j.van.rooijen_at_bluevision.nl>
Date: 13 Jul 2002 06:24:59 -0700

Hi All,

I have encountered the following problem after installing on windows 2000. First i have installed Oracle 9i(r2) server, then the Appl. server and then the development suite.

Now i am no longer able to connect to my database thru a hoststring. I have tried al kinds of configurations of the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora. I have set and unset TNS_ADMIN. I have put and removed the *.ora files in various locations. But nothing seems to work.

I have 3 versions of sqlplus. Thru all 3 of them i cannot connect by user/pwd_at_xyz. Thru the version from orahome92/bin i can connect to my database when i connect like user/pwd with no hoststring. When i ask V$database i get the correct dbname.

Also i noticed that my oracleorahome92agent service is unable to start. Has this anything to do with my problem.

Any help is appreciated,

Joshua Received on Sat Jul 13 2002 - 08:24:59 CDT