Re: Global temporary tables v pl/sql tables

From: Charlie Edwards <Charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Jul 2002 01:32:41 -0700

"R Chin" <rchin_at_panix.com> wrote in message news:<aghvgv$668$2_at_reader1.panix.com>...
> >> "English is not my native language, so I may not have expressed myself
> too clearly."
>
> ....(sigh)
> You also don't seem to understand English too clearly either...
>
> I KNEW the answers to the questions I asked the other poster....
> I was correcting him by asking HIM , not the forum, those "obvious"
> questions...
> a bit sarcastically perhaps, but that was because he made what I think a
> forceful,
> one line statement that's blatantly incorrect.....a new learner will take
> that as a gospel
> Misinformation breeds....especially in Oracle...like wild fire.

I didn't mean to come across as forceful - actually I was just in a bit of a hurry.

It got me thinking as to why I thought that you would need to declare in the package spec - which is, if I thought about it for a minute, stupid.

I shall learn in future to put my brain in gear and think about content, presentation and netiquette before posting.

Personally, I don't think sarcasm is very helpful - as you have found out, it can be misinterpreted. Maybe you think you're being clever - I find it rather juvenile.

If you disagree with a statement, why not just say ...

"Actually, this statement is wrong"?

CE Received on Thu Jul 11 2002 - 03:32:41 CDT