Re: Oracle Parallel Server

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:50:27 +1000

Hi Jay,

I would strongly recommend against implementing OPS and go with RAC.

OPS is "yesterday's" technology with RAC having many significant improvements (even more so in 9iR2). If you implement OPS, you'll be looking at moving to RAC anyway in 18 months so why not make the one move.

RAC is supported on a number of clustered environments, I'll leave it to others to discuss the pros, cons and costs of those.

Regards

Richard