Re: Temporary Table

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:31:46 GMT

Yes, and you may not need to do that in Oracle. I have been using Oracle since version 5 and never needed to use a temporary table. Just use standard SQL to access the information. Unlike some other database products readers don't block writers and writers don't block readers. Also views in Oracle are not bad things to be avoided. You can use a view. If you feel you just gotta have temporary tables do as Fraser suggests and look up globabl temporary tables in the docs. Jim