Re: The Steps Taken to be a DBA

From: Charlie Edwards <Charlie3101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2002 01:40:31 -0700

"Sted Alana" <Sted_Alana_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3d2993d9$1_1_at_news.iprimus.com.au>...
> I am currently studying an IT program, and hope that when I finish to obtain
> a job as a DBA. I do realize that I wont get that position straight away as
> most IT companies require possible candidates to have at least 2-3 years
> minimum experience.
>
> I would like to know what positions DBA have taken (from low positions to
> high positions) before they got to where they are now, so I know what path I
> should be take in my near future.

Well, we're all different, aren't we ...

University Graduate
=>
High School Teacher
=>
I.T. Developer (non-Oracle)
=>
I.T.Developer / DBA (Oracle v5)
=>
*** Lightning bolt of realisation that Database Administration is boring (just for me, no offence intended) and I'd rather do something more creative.
=>
Oracle Developer ... getting better and more experienced all the time =>
Project Manager ... Oooops, more boring than DBA =>
Oracle Developer

CE Received on Tue Jul 09 2002 - 03:40:31 CDT