Killed sessions

From: murthy <muthy69_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2002 06:41:07 -0700

Hi,
Hi i had killed several sessions on one of the instances using ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION ....
(The instance does not have any Dead connection detection enabled or any IDLE TIME set for profile)

The rows for these sessions were still hanging in V$SESSION and i'am reaching the PROCESSES limit.
1) I tried waking up PMON manually several times using svrmgrl>oradebug wakeup 1
But these rows still remained why?
2) Then i did the following

SQL>spool x

SQL>select 'kill -9 '||spid
from v$process
where addr not in(

      select paddr
      from v$session
      where status<>'KILLED');

SQL>spool off
SQL>@x.lst

Now all the KILLED STATUS rows got cleared from V$SESSION. My question is is this procedure O.K. ?
ANy problems is doing this?
Thanks for any response Received on Mon Jul 08 2002 - 08:41:07 CDT