Re: I HATE that Java installer for 9i

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:09:26 GMT

> I believe that there is a command line option in 9i - you just have to
> edit a response file and let it go.
> Whether it still tries to use X I'm not sure - I haven't tried it yet.

I'm afraid that even with a response file you still need the GUI.

I want a text only installer, too! Please Larry, let us convince you!

BTW, when I use the Veritas vmsa (Solaris) on a remote display the login dialog hides behind the Welcome screen which is a modal dialog (which can not be moved or resized). Very difficult to logon...

Regards,

Knut Received on Fri Jul 05 2002 - 09:09:26 CDT