I HATE that Java installer for 9i

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:19:06 +0100

Hi Andrew,

I believe that there is a command line option in 9i - you just have to edit a response file and let it go.
Whether it still tries to use X I'm not sure - I haven't tried it yet.

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. No such option (Disable remote window manager) with Exceed I'm afraid. :o(

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146

The workaround there was to check the "Disable remote window manager" box.

Can we have a text mode installer back please? It's almost painful to use a GUI on a transatlantic connection.