Re: ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS definition

From: Das Schaf <chris.NOSPAMtampin_at_talk21.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 16:08:10 GMT

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 23:01:00 +1000, "Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote:

>Hi Hrishikesh,
>
>I would simply recommend ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS= (RBS1, RBS2). That always works.

[snip]

>> My problem is I have to add extra rollback segment(s) to a possibly
>> existing declaration in the init<sid>.ora file through a script.
>>

>> Thanks
>> Hrishikesh
>>
>> --
>> Hrishikesh Mehendale
>> Member of Technical Staff
>> Persistent Systems, Pune.
>> http://www.persistent.co.in/

r.e. doing this in a script - why are you doing multiple lines ???

Try using the stream editor 'sed' in your script to accomplish the job. A simple search replace might do the trick if I read what you are trying to do correctly.

e.g. sed 's/^rollback_segments.*/rollback_segments=(${RBS_LIST})/' init<SID>.ora

(where you have previously built up the RBS_LIST variable as a comma-delimited list of rollback segments you want to bring online at startup)

Pipe the output into a temp file, then replace init<SID>.ora with the temp file contents (IIRC I don't think sed likes to read a file and output to it all in one command)

Assuming you are using UNIX of course. Hope this is of help.

Cheers,

        Chris Received on Thu Jul 04 2002 - 11:08:10 CDT