Re: administrator/password

From: ImPrecise <f_puhan_at_precise.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:22:41 -0400

In article <lpi6iukottghafk05ee8k30s0rep7f93ql_at_4ax.com>,  Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Jul 2002 13:55:12 -0400, "Lao Gao" <lpgao_at_centtel.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi, Guys,
> >
> >I want to use Oracle server manager but I was asked for a user name and
> >password. I do not know. Who knows if Oracle has default user/password with
> >administration right?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> >Liping Gao
> >
> Sigh.
>
> OEM: SYSMAN/OEM_TEMP
> Oracle: SYS/CHANGE_ON_INSTALL
> SYSTEM/MANAGER.
And let's hope his SA/DBA has done his job and previously changed these passwords, as no good is likely to result from a novitiate using a (now-deprecated) system utility.

> It should be possible to retain posts indefinitely and have them pop
> up as new header every few hours :)

Ah, Sybrand, didn't you know that part of your "job" here is to act the part of "autoFAQ?"

--
The underscore character does not belong in my address. You know the drill...
***