Re: Datawarehouse with Oracle

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:25:32 -0400

Krist wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> If we want to implement Datawarehouse and OLAP with Oracle, besides
> Oracle RDBMS Server, what are other Oracle products that I need to
> purchase ?
>
> Thanks a lot for the info,
> Krist

If you want it to be functional:

(
1) a consultant
or
2) LOT's of Oracle training.
)
AND
ETL tool (OWB, Informatica)
AND
Query tool (O-Discover, Business Objects, Crystal Reports ) AND
Monitoring tool (OEM, Patrol - alot to choose from in this category)
AND
Lot's of memory and disk space. which could mean a bigger system and more license fees.

and that's just for starters

--
Regards,

Michael Austin            OpenVMS User since June 1984
First DBA Source, Inc.    Registered Linux User #261163
Sr. Consultant            http://www.firstdbasource.com

http://www.firstdbasource.com/donation.html
704-947-1089 (Office)     704-236-4377 (Mobile)