Re: high data block waits in v$waitstat 8.1.7

From: Ricky Sanchez <rsanchez_at_more.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 02:27:11 GMT

Your original message says you are seeing high "data block" waits. What exactly do you mean? Buffer busy wait, of "data block" type? How does the buffer busy wait event compare to other wait events?

You say v$system_event is "healthy". What exactly are you seeing that makes you think you have a problem? Is this a sudden onset problem or something chronic with this instance? When was performance good? What were the top wait events then?

How about at least a clip of a statspack report to give us some clues?