Re: Import bug

From: ImPrecise <f_puhan_at_precise.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:22:13 -0400

In article <afidu3$e3id5$1_at_ID-85580.news.dfncis.de>,  "Chuck" <chuckh_at_softhome.net> wrote:

> You missing the point.Under normal database operation I would agree. But a
> full database import is not normal operation. It's used to copy or restore a
> database. You would expect that if you do a full export of a database, drop
> all non-system users, and then import that export file, that you would have
> the same database you started with. In this case it does not. That is a flaw
> in the design of the import program. If a DBA is doing a full import it
> should not take into account tablespace quotas.

I'm not so sure I agree with your expectation that a full import would give you "the same database you started with." I have performed a full import into an instance that containted schemas other than are contained in the import file. The expectation I have is that a full EXPORT will contain all the data, users and objects from the source database, but I can certainly use the resulting dump file to perform any number of import operations.

--
The underscore character does not belong in my address. You know the drill...
***