Re: whats going on

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:06:45 GMT

markag wrote:

> David Lord wrote:
> > My manual set for Oracle is 4 feet wide and I have twice as many books,
> > isn't it better that someone in a bind asks his question here and looks
> > in the manuals while waiting for an answer?
>
> I have 2 shelves of Oracle books ranging from tuning to PL/SQL to DBA To
> reference material. I can't read them all, but use most of them in some
> way... I know myself that I really try to solve the problem first, but
> if pressed for time, will throw up a post here and move on to another
> problem and wait for the email notification happily from someone who in
> scanning the forum says "hey! I know the answer to that!". Is that a bad
> thing? Sounds simply efficient to me...I think leveraging off the
> internet community in this way is just good use of my time. We are not
> holding guns to anyone's head to answer the questions.
>
> --
> an oracle fan,
> an oracle beginner

If in your question you state something like "I looked on tahiti and all I could find was this" or "I tried this and this and it isn't working" I am inclined to help.

If you think your efficiency can be improved by having me do your work for you ... you will likely end up with either no reply or one intended to motivate you to do better next time. I am not here to help those who are not sufficiently motivated to try and help themselves.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 11:06:45 CDT