Re: help:vmstat show constently po about 400

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 16:01:25 GMT

Joe Sath wrote:

> Our production server show constently po at 400 when using vmstat utility.
> What is your suggestion?
>
> We have 2G memory.
> db buffer we set 800MB
> SGA we set 200MB
> sort_area_size we set at 1M
>
> What else should I improve?
>
> Thanks for your help

You ask "What else should I improve?":

Please do not be offended by the intentional sarcasm of this remark ... but what you should improve is your ability to define a problem so someone can help you.

For example I am sitting here with the following question on my mind: What is the problem?

Oh and little insignificant things like platform, OS, Oracle version, type of application, etc. make it possible to actually provide more than vague generalities should someone wish to help you.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jun 28 2002 - 11:01:25 CDT