Rollback extents

From: PeterS <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 26 Jun 2002 06:16:35 GMT

Hello, everybody. I am working on creating big set of data (~3-8 GB). I am using "insert into ... select" statement. I have 4 rollback segments with 500 maxextents each. Initial extent =320K, next extent =320K. Here is dynamic info:

Rollback Segment Size (KB) Gets Waits % Waits # Shrinks # Extends

I inserted ~200000 rows and got the following:

ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment number 5 ORA-01628: max # extents (500) reached for rollback segment RBS04

I wouldn't like to set maxextents unlimited, since my disk space is limited. Could anybody suggest something? Should I increase extents? Or number of rollback segments?

I appreciate any help! Thank you. Peter.