Re: Rollback extents

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:06:48 +1000

Hi Peter,

Assuming you are not performing the insert in parallel, the insert transaction will be assigned to the one RBS so adding more won't help. You need to ensure that one will be big enough to cope (either increase extent size or maxextents or both) and that it gets assigned to the transaction (either with the set transaction statement or putting offline all the other RBSs).

If you're on 9i (?), the resumable option is very useful in situations such as this and might be worth checking out. It basically allows the transaction to remain suspended until the RBS has been increased.

Good luck.

Richard