Re: venting my spleen

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:17:18 +1000

In article <3d1883ad.4962926_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com>, you said (and I quote):
> >at this point, but I will say it is not SAP. As it turns out, the package
> >requires tablespaces with specific names. And I am told that it requires
> >certain tables to be placed in specified tablespaces. This looks like a tuning

Hmmm, that's better than the one I had to support for a major bank here, where ALL tables and indexes were in the SYSTEM tablespace. For "convenience of development", according to the deranged dimwit who developed it. I can't believe I actually once worked with the guy and thought he was half intelligent...

> production. The best I can hope for is to start educating my manager and going
> on record with the anticipated problems.
>
> Additional input anyone?

Nope. You just said it. Make sure that ANY objections you have are clearly spelt out in writing, with a date. And make sure your manager has a copy of it and HAS ACTUALLY read it.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto