can discover node but not database ?

From: bgt0990 <btighe_at_neometrics.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 13:39:19 -0400

I'm running OEM 2.2 with 8.1.7.0 Oracle on a win 2000 box.

When I try to use OEM I can create a repository, and connect using sysman/oem_temp. When I "Discover Nodes" all I get is the node information. I can ping it and check the properties on it, it's fine. However, I do not discover any databases no matter what I've tried so the whole thing is useless.

Any clue why the agent would report the node without reporting the database?

The only clue I can give is that this used to work on this machine and at one point we lost a drive which necessitated restoring from a cold backup, When I reloaded Oracle on this machine I don't believe I asked it to put on the sample database (scott/tiger) but just loaded what I thought we needed. That was some time ago so I can't tell you what may have been different. I certainly loaded Enterprise Manager and I assume that would give you all the supporting modules.

Thanks
Barry Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 12:39:19 CDT