Re: Datafiles: one more try

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:45:00 +0200

On 24 Jun 2002 02:38:22 -0700, opal_at_xs4all.nl (Martijn Rutte) wrote:

>Gentlemen,
>
>I seem to have caused a lot of upheavel with my queston about backing
>up oracle files not using the oracle backup facilities.
>
>I fully understand your concern (you are, of course, absolutely
>right).
>
>The thing is, I am trying to save what can be saved. Of course I'd
>like to use RMAN or any other device to safely backup an Oracle
>datbase.
>
>But i can't, because I am simply not allowed to do so.
>
>So, if anyone in here happens to know more about Windows
>caching/writing mutations to files, I would be very thankful to hear
>about it.
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Martijn Rutte

If you are not *allowed* to use the proper tools, I would provide the responsible persons with a paper he/she can sign, he/she is assuming complete responsibility for his/her denial, and he/she will be prepared to face the consequences when things go wrong. I would also definitely look for a career change, before you get kicked out when your backup fails.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jun 24 2002 - 12:45:00 CDT