Maximum number of enqueue resources exceeded -- but can't reset this!

From: Carl <carl.petitt_at_verizon.net>
Date: 22 Jun 2002 17:39:03 -0700

Hi,

I've created a fact table for a data warehouse (Oracle 8.1.6) and have partitioned the table using RANGE partitioning. I have over 9000 partitions, which i assume is not a problem. But as soon as i tried to create a local index on a column i got this message:

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-00052: maximum number of enqueue resources (1308) exceeded

I checked DBA Studio, and indeed this is what my enqueue resources are set to. But i tried changing them and Oracle won't accept the change.  I reset them to 10000 and it didn't take, i restarted the database, and finally restarted the machine, and Oracle still thinks the enqueue resources are set to 1308. I know this is related to processes, transactions, and so forth, but i am over my head.

How do i reset the enqueue resources? what am i missing? Help!

THanks, Carl Petitt Received on Sat Jun 22 2002 - 19:39:03 CDT