Re: Maximum number of enqueue resources exceeded -- but can't reset this!

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:30:06 +0200

I assume you modified init.ora parameter ENQUEUE_RESOURCES and bounced the database (its a static parameter that can't be changed dynamically)? And that did not work? That's strange.

I also think that 9000 partitions is a lot. See Metalink note 76765.1. The real limit of partitions and subpartitions for a table is 64K-1 but the note says that "practically, 1,000 partition tables have been tested". Another interesting remark in this note is that when a query on a table is compiled metadata is loaded in the cache, so physical limits may occur.

Carl <carl.petitt_at_verizon.net> schreef in berichtnieuws cc9148a2.0206221639.5a66d6e1_at_posting.google.com...