Re: Alert Log Batch

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:30:54 +1000

First off, you should be reading the alert log every day (the first thing you do when you get in of a morning). So there's no excuse for a log which grows to humungous sizes: if you're reading it, trim it yourself.

Secondly, having read it, just delete it (well, back it up first, just in case). Oracle will create a brand new on when it finds the original missing.

Regards