Re: NT.RGS gone for 8i?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 20:03:45 +0200

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:52:08 +0200, oliver hladik <ohladik_at_uta1002.at> wrote:

>Please answer to oliver.hladik_at_siemens.com
>
>Thanks
>
>Oliver
>
>oliver hladik schrieb:
>
>> We've to manage a software upgrade from 8.0.6 to 8i.
>>
>> Our application (c++) has determined the RDBMS entries out of the NT.RGS
>> file in 8.0.6
>> in order to setup with install shield.
>>
>> Installing our software rejects now with 8i, because this file does not
>> exist.
>>
>> Where is it gone and how can we proceed?
>>
>> Please help, thanks
>>
>> Oliver

It has left Redwood Shores 4ever to be replaced by the Oracle Universal Installer, which can be used in embedded situations. An Oracle Universal Installer Concepts Guide comes with every 8i installation.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jun 20 2002 - 13:03:45 CDT