Re: Got the darn buffer busy waits under control, at last!

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 21:32:32 +1000

In article <3D094FC2.82A095CE_at_more.net>, you said (and I quote):

> I would be curious to see how the instance was affected otherwise. Was
> latch_free a major wait event prior to the parameter adjustment? Has

Nope.

> overall latch_free wait time actually gone down as a result? What about

Yes.

> sleeps for other latches? Did we trade cache buffers chains latch
> performance for library cache latch?

Nothing much.

> It would be useful to see before and after statspack reports rather than
> have to rely on anecdotal evidence. Nuno- you have statspack running on
> that thing? Post a zipped 30 minute busy period snap if you have one.

Don't have statspack, only the older bstat stuff. I've got a few from before and am collecting afters. It's EOM for them now, had to wait a coupla days until things settled back to normal load. Otherwise it's apples and oranges. Will post both this weekend.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto