Re: Setting init.ora parameters when running more than one DB on one machine

From: NorwoodThree <norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 13 Jun 2002 13:13:20 -0700

Having Test databases on the same box as Production is bad practice as you probably know?

Anyway, all you can really do that I am aware of is size down foootprint in RAM for test databases by tweaking their init.ora params (eg. downsize the sga, etc).

As for CPU, I don't think there's an easy way to instruct favortism for particular Oracle processes. I'm not a UNIX sysadmin, but the 'nice' command is the only way I know of to do this, and it's not real flexible. If you are on Windows, you are out of luck.

Anybody got other ideas? Received on Thu Jun 13 2002 - 15:13:20 CDT