Setting init.ora parameters when running more than one DB on one machine

From: Joe Condle <condjp_at_chp.edu>
Date: 13 Jun 2002 07:12:15 -0700

In my current job whe run many databases on one machine. Two production and many test DB's. In my previous job where I first learned Oracle we only had one database running alone on one machine. When I set up db_block_buffers and shared_pool_size I set them to 25% and 50% of system memory respectively. I need some suggestions on what to do when running more than one DB. I would like to give the bulk of the resources to the production DB's. I know the SGA should not be set any higher than 50% of the total system memory. I have a total 7Gig RAM. If you can point me to a good resource or give me a suggestion I would be appreciate it.

Joe Condle
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Received on Thu Jun 13 2002 - 09:12:15 CDT